Ranking the Top 5 Home Kits for MLS 2020
By: Denver Yost
MLS 2020 is right around the corner and with that came the drop of all the home kits for MLS’ 25th season. As the league’s kit supplier, Adidas has had a spotty reputation amongst fans for being a let down when it comes to recent kit releases. Despite that, we found 5 kits that could be an instant classic this season.
1. Minnesota United – At number one, Minnesota gets it spot on with the wings designed into their kit. One of the themes this year seemed to be incorporating team themes in jerseys such as the Union’s snake or Orlando City’s lion. Some of them seemed a little forced, but with Minnesota utilizing only a middle torso section for design, they pulled it off. The gray pallet mixed with baby blue is a really appealing combination as well. Take my money already.
Minnesota 2020 Home Jersey: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/05/2020-mls-jersey-minnesota-united
2. Nashville SC – At number two, Nashville SC showed that sometimes all it takes is a great color scheme. They killed it with this one as the dark blue/purple/maybe black base color accents the gold lettering really well. Not to mention the modern logo and sponsor name in that deep gold makes it an instant hit. The new club has started 2020 in the right direction.
Nashville SC 2020 Home Jersey: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/05/2020-mls-jersey-nashville-sc
3. Chicago FC – At number three, the Chicago Fire got this part of the rebranding right. The deep red mixed with the navy blue works like magic as a color scheme and the diagonal striping is crisp. The shoulder stripes are identical and look like an intention for the kit thus capping off an already solid jersey. Let’s hope this isn’t the case but if your gonna lose, might as well lose in style?
Chicago FC 2020 Home Kit: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/05/2020-mls-jersey-chicago-fire-fc
4. Portland Timbers – At number four, the Timbers keep it fresh with a solid white jersey accented with forest green lettering and horizontal stripes. There’s no real subtleties or odd quirks about it so it may not draw a lot of rave, but based on the color scheme less is more works better here. The gold trim for the three shoulder stripes add a great touch as well.
Portland Timbers 2020 Home Kit: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/05/2020-mls-jersey-portland-timbers
5. LAFC – At number five, this was a hard choice to pick between LAFC and the Colorado Rapids. Maybe the iconic 2019 season is getting to me, but this is really an “in your face” kind of kit. The solid black base and gold lettering works really well together while the “Youtube TV” across the chest gives off a faint lighting. This is the only jersey that the three Adidas stripes matched with the primary color, thus making them nearly invisible at a glance. All around a solid kit to compliment an excellent team.